Monday, March 30, 2009

First time cupcake! (aka Little Chocolate Volcanoe)

All the time when I was making the list of what to learn to bake, cupcake is actually almost at the bottom line. For some reason, cupcakes just don't intrigued me as much as other baked sweet heaven goodness. However last week due to an alarming craving to eat a chocolate cake, I browsed for a new recipes online, but instead I found a simple cupcake recipe (chocolate of course) followed by myself salivating all over the laptop screen. The over dramatic reaction could also be blamed on the fact that I haven't had any dinner yet at that time.

I mentally scanned through my cabinets and fortunate enough to have all the ingredients ready and jumping to be used. Obviously I'm kidding about the jumping part. It is rather scary to imagine the flour jumping around and squealing with delight and screaming, "Use me, use me!"

Anyways, take into consideration that this is my first time ever to bake cupcake and I, in general do not have any clue whatsoever about baking secrets or something along the line. The cupcakes, though looked like a volcanoe were actually edible. But I think I need to meditate and find out why they were not fluffy. So, below are few pictures from my recent experiment!


Ready to be baked!
You can't see it from this picture, but I ended up licking the spoon clean.
My little chocolate volcanoes. No frosting this time. I definitely will learn next time around!

No comments:

Post a Comment